Saturday, December 22, 2012

10:14, Sunday, 23 December, 2012

It is absolutely KILLING me not to write, and I apologize profusely for my unexplained absence.  The bullet points are growing, and everything possible will be written about in due turn.  But I have been working on lists and ill with some stomach flu, and now that I'm well I have guests coming, so I will be silent for a two and a half weeks more.  But Africa is beautiful and amazing as ever; the sun is shining here making even Nairobi seem like a place of beauty, nearly succeeding in masking all of the colonial social class segregation that makes me sick.  I miss the Mara as I have been away for nearly ten days, but when my guests step off that plane I'm worried I should weep with joy, and so the time away from my beloved hyenas is worth it.  Until next time, Krismasi Njema (Merry Christmas) and Heri ya Sikukuu ya Kuzaliwa (Happy New Year) from Kenya!

No comments:

Post a Comment